2002 Aug 09 14:36

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Rick Moen writes:
 > Quoting Henry House (hajhouse@houseag.com):
 >
 > > StarOffice 6.0 (not OpenOffice) and Hancom Office (not OO) handle
 > > Chinese, Japanese, and Korean better than anything short of high-end
 > > proprietary page layout packages made exclusively for the Asian
 > > market. LaTeX can handle anything and produces better output than any
 > > WYSIWYG program. AbiWord is rapidly catching up the MS word in
 > > multi-lingual capabilities.
 >
 > AbiWord rocks a bit more with every passing day -- and still only
 > requires 6 MB of RAM to launch.  Incredible.  About the only really
 > notable word processor feature it's missing is table support, which
 > they deferred until after the recent 1.0 milestone.  Last I heard,
 > that code was in CVS, and being tested.

And while everyone's sitting here yakking about word processing on
Linux, look what you've gone and sneakily done ;)

...I've been seeing a lot of LUGOD names recently on these
announcements, what with Pete's Linux-Gamers-HOWTO and
Jigdo-mini-HOWTO.