2002 Aug 09 09:36

[vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:49:06PM -0700, andy wergedal wrote:
> <Word>
> MS word does multi-language better than any of the others,
> (open office, star office, 602, koffice)

<flamebait>
StarOffice 6.0 (not OpenOffice) and Hancom Office (not OO) handle Chinese,
Japanese, and Korean better than anything short of high-end proprietary
page layout packages made exclusively for the Asian market. LaTeX can handle
anything and produces better output than any WYSIWYG program. AbiWord is
rapidly catching up the MS word in multi-lingual capabilities.
</flamebait>

I'm be curious to know what about MS word you find useful that others do not
have.

--
Henry House