2002 Aug 09 06:08

Re: [vox] visio on linux

<Word>
MS word does multi-language better than any of the others,
(open office, star office, 602, koffice)

The main reason that I have to (begrudgingly) use a windows
laptop is because our application runs on IIS with a SQL
Server back end.

I would have bought a titanium Mac OSX box in a second if I
could have. IT would have been cheaper than this Dell I'm
useing to type this message.

<Project>
The only reason I use project is to provide Gannt charts to
the executive steering commitees. I use a text editor and a
task list to manage all the other costs and details.
Project is a bit of a double egded sword, a small project
doesn't really need a PM tool like Project, and a big
project will take two or three full time employees to
update and maintain project. So, it only works for projects
that have less than 500 lines. More than that it takes
longer to keep up with MSproject than to make sure
everything gets done.

-- Andy

-- Andy