2002 Aug 08 00:32

Re: [vox] Introduction me & TWikIWeThey

welcome, karsten!  i was wondering when you'd introduce yourself.  :)

begin Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>

> I'm a LUG slut as I've been with and/or attended meetings with SVLUG,
> BALUG, NBLUG, LXNY, and a number of other formal and informal groups.
> LUGoD's impressed me as one of the most incredibly organized groups
> I've seen anywhere.

bill, this is a good candidate for the testimonial pages.  :)

> I'm currently living and working in Napa (1:10 via 128 & Lake Berryssa
> in the 6pm press, 35 minutes via I-80 at the witching hour).  Preferred
> distro is Debian, though I've messed with a bunch of them, including
> BSDs, proprietary 'Nixes, MVS and VMS

i used to operate VMS, ultrix and VM for san francisco state
university.  big machines.  that was a cool job, but i got laid off when
pete wilson cut funding to the universities.

> More recently, I've been working with Wikis, and have been putting
> together a technically-oriented documentation site, TWikIWeThey (the
> name is a long story itself, more below), which you can find at:
>
>     http://twiki.iwethey.org/

i've been meaning to learn wiki.  kind of reminds me of old style BBS's
from the 80's with a new twist.

pete