2002 Aug 07 10:25

Re: [vox] quake 3 for linux. again at a great price.

Re: [vox] quake 3 for linux. again at a great price.

begin Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu>

> On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > hi gabe,
> >
> > well, it's too late to support loki software.   :(
> >

> Ya :/ I can't remember if I bought heroes3 (which i don't let myself play
> anymore, because it's like crack) and myth2 before or after Loki closed.
>
> Even if Loki is gone, I think you can still support the general linux gaming
> cause by buying Loki games. My reasoning is that resellers will see that
> people are still buying linux games, and perhaps that information will
> trickle up to someone in charge :)

i did my part -- i bought every single title loki ever put out (before
they went under) specifically to support the company.   heck, descent 3,
railroad tycoon, civ ctp, EUS and heavy gear 2 are still in *shrink
wrap*.   i bought these games knowing full well that i'd never play
them.

i voted with my dollar, but apparently my vote counted as much as a vote
for al gore in west dade county.   ;)

> > i *think* they might be having problems with their server; they're not
> > returning ICMP and not responding to http requests at the moment.
> >
> > you might want to try back later.
>
> It worked :)

they might have taken down the server for a few minutes to play some
$4.99 quake 3.   :)

pete