2002 Aug 05 17:00

Re: [vox] Proposed addition to "Why Not MS?" page

Re: [vox] Proposed addition to "Why Not MS?" page

it's a good idea, as long as it doesn't involve lugod.  i think having
lugod enter a contractual agreement with anyone is just asking for
trouble (aside from being on rick moen's list of things a LUG shouldn't
do).

what might not be a bad idea is to keep a listing of people on the
website who would be into contract work like this.  i suppose this would
be for the non-emergencies that LERT doesn't provide service for.

i thought we kicked this idea around before.  seems to have got lost by
the wayside, or else i'm not finding it on our website.

might be a nice service to provide, as long as we explicitly say that
lugod is not involved in any way, explicitly or implicitly.  all we do
is provide a list of people offering services to people who need
services.  kinda like a dating service, and with very similar
release/consent clauses.  ;-)

pete

begin Marc Hasbrouck <m_hasbrouck@yahoo.com>