January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 05 10:35

Re: [vox] Tux Paint 2002.08.04

Bill,

I just wanted to let you know that my (four year old) daughter Ashlyn
*loves* Tux Paint! I set her up on it last night (using the Debian
package--nice!) and she asked for it again this morning. It didn't take
her long to get up to speed really at all. The only time she got
confused was when she accidently clicked the load or save buttons and a
dialog would pop up.

She loves the stamp feature--the Tux stamps are her favorite. She also
really took the line feature. Check out what she did last night:

http://www.dooglio.net/ashlyn_tuxpaint.jpg

(sorry, I'm so obviously a proud father ;-) ).

Thanks for a great app, Bill!

Doug (aka Dooglio)

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, nbs wrote:

> Beta version '2002.08.04' of "Tux Paint," a drawing program for young children,
> has been released:
>
>   http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/
>

> Changes since 2002.08.02:
>
>   * Two new special effects:  "Thick" and "Thin"
>   * Special effect all have their own sound effects now
>   * Button icons now use 'gettext()' for labels, so they'll be translated soon!
>   * Filled shapes now available
>
> Changes since 2002.07.31:
>
>   * Fixed broken command-line parsing
>   * Fixed broken Spanish translations
>   * Updated "Makefile" some
>   * Switched to a GPL'd font (efont_serif.ttf)
>   * Added more Windows info. to INSTALL.txt and README.txt
>

> Enjoy!
>
> -bill!

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people
   discipline themselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson

GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg