2002 Aug 01 15:02

Re: [vox] [OT] phone (really, really offtopic)

Re: [vox] [OT] phone (really, really offtopic)

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> I assume the battery option is for portability.  You might
> want to reconsider cordless -- they are MUCH better now than
> they used to be.

actually, it's for when the power goes out.  seems like power always
goes out a few times during the winter rains (and summer rolling
blackouts, but we've been having very good luck with that this year).

i've had "featureful" phones that totally went dead when power went out.
bleah.

> And if you buy that, I'll mention the Panasonic model
> KX-TG2562W that we like a lot.  It's a 2.4 GHz cordless with
> a good complete speakerphone built into the base.  You can
> plug a headset into the portable piece, which is nice for
> long-winded friends.  It has a hold button but unfortunately
> no mute.
>
> -- Rod
>    http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

cool, thanks rod!  i'll put that on my list of phones to research.

pete

--
Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.