2002 Jul 31 21:35

Tux Paint 2002.07.31 released!

Tux Paint, my simple and amusing drawing program for young children,
now uses 'gettext' to handle translations! :)

(This is the major change, among a number of others... see below)

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/

Hopefully a Windows build and an update to the Debian package will be made.

-bill!

2002.July.31
  * Fixed memory deallocation bug in "Open" dialog function.

  * Translated to Finnish
    Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen@iki.fi>

  * Update Spanish translation
    Gabriel Gazzan <ggabriel@internet.com.uy>

  * Switched from using #define'd strings for translations to using "gettext"
    and ".po" files (see src/messages/)
    Fabian Franz <FabianFranz@gmx.de>
    (Thanks to Andreas Best <a_best@web.de> for help getting locales working)

  * Added "--locale" option to override current locale at runtime
    (e.g. "--locale de_DE@euro")

  * Added "--lang" option to override current locale at runtime,
    using human-readable language names.
    (e.g. "--locale german" or "--locale deutsch")

  * Stamp descriptions now support multiple languages.
    (Each description MUST be on one line - multiple lines no longer supported!)

    Lines beginning with "xx=" (where "xx" is a locale abbreviation,
    e.g. "de" for German or "es" for Spanish) provide text for their
    respective locales.

  * Added details about stamp multilingual support to "README.txt".

  * Added more requirements to the "INSTALL.txt" documentation.

  * Supports a "~/.tuxpaintrc" file which contains default options
    (e.g. "fullscreen=yes")

  * Command-line options to disable some options
    (e.g., "--windowed" to override a "fullscreen=yes" in .tuxpaintrc)