2002 Jul 29 10:55

Re: [vox] Meeting on August 6th...New Face

Re: [vox] Meeting on August 6th...New Face

Quoting Jim Lowman (jmlowman@directvinternet.com):

> To go with that, I have the _Installation and Getting Started_ book
> for Slackware, and _Linux the Complete Reference_ book, as well as the
> out-of-print _Linux Bible_ from years ago, by (I assume) now defunct
> Yggdrasil Computing.

Yggdrasil Computing, Inc. is still very much around, and appears to be
mostly a publisher of books and CDs/DVDs, these days.  The Plug & Play
Linux distribution hasn't been updated in seven years, though[1].  If
you called up and demanded to buy a copy ($39.95, "a few copies left"),
they'd probably die of shock.

I remember when company president Adam Richter was talking to Don Marti
and Jim Gleason about their firm Electric Lichen, LLC.  "That's a very
peculiar name", Adam said.  "You should talk", Don replied.

[1] "The first production Linux distribution to use the new ELF binary
format and version 5 of the Linux C Library!"

--
Cheers,                                         kill -9 them all.
Rick Moen                                       Let init sort it out.