2002 Jul 26 14:33

Re: [vox] [dozakdai@hotmail.com: I am a new Linux user]

> i thought libranet development was stalled?

Maybe you're thinking of Progeny?

> i totally agree, but i think the typical end-user doesn't want to do
> that sort of thing.

On reflection, since the guy said his interests are computer use for
"video editing and for a mp3 and dvd player" (which I didn't really
heed the first time), he may be in for some unpleasant surprises with
essentially any Linux distribution.  Mp3 players, yes, but between the
interference of the MPAA/RIAA clowns and impatience of volunteer
programmers with users wanting to be catered to in fine detail, all of
those things on Linux can entail some considerable hassle.

I'll be happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I think this guy's heading
for a big pile of initial frustration that he probably won't have the
patience to work through.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window