2002 Jul 26 16:01

[vox] Unix Software Engineer Position...

[vox] Unix Software Engineer Position...

Here is a hit I got from HotJobs:

Software Engineer II
Job ID: Eng-07-02
Location: Sacramento, CA
Date Posted: 07/26/2002

Responsible for developing core software for our next generation DOS/DDOS
device.

Title: Software Engineer II Captus Networks designs and manufactures
network security devices that provide immediate and automatic protection
from Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
attacks. The CaptIO protects networks and systems from the crippling
effects of these attacks, allowing only legitimate traffic to traverse an
e-commerce company's mission-critical network. Role: This position is
responsible for developing core software for our next-generation DoS/DDoS
device. Development Responsibilities: - Writing Command-Line Interfaces in
C/C++ - Maintain existing software products - Design and develop
extensions to our software products Required Qualifications: - BS/BA
degree in Computer Science or related field - 3 years C and C++ language
experience on UNIX - Professional experience in network programming -
Professional experience developing software on a BSD platform - Able to
work with minimal direction - Excellent written and verbal communication
skills - Team player with attention to detail Pluses: - Unix system
administration knowledge - Professional experience developing Unix kernel
software - Familiarity with source control package, e.g., CVS - Network
security experience (firewalls, IDSs, etc.) - Experience with sorting and
searching algorithms

Here is the link:

http://www.hotjobs.com/cgi-bin/job-show?J__PINDEX=J742541OQ

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people
   discipline themselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson