2002 Jul 22 01:40

Re: [vox] [OT] ISO's vs ISOs

micah, i have to admit.  i like your attitude about the subject.

frankly, i think jim made an *awfully* persuasive argument.  i found
myself agreeing with everything he said.

i think using the apostrophe to mark the end of the acronym makes total
sense.  to use jim's example, but with nicole's way of writing it:

   Mind your Ps and Qs.

what exactly should i be minding?  should i be minding a "P" or should i
be minding a "Ps"?  nicole's method doesn't say; it's ambiguous.  the
apostrophe isn't just syntactic sugar.  it serves a purpose.

aside from this, i think it looks better with apostrophes.  :)

still not sure which way to go with, but jim showed that it's not a
clear cut answer.

pete

begin Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name>