2002 Jul 22 00:00

Re: [vox] [OT] ISO's vs ISOs

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>    A) Getting Debian ISO's has always been a painful experience.
>    B) Getting Debian ISOs has always been a painful experience.
> sentence B seems more correct, but to my eyes, sentence A looks more
> pleasing; it just looks better with the apostrophe.

B, without reservation, but that's because I'm very used to using 's as a
possessive.  The way I think of it:
1) One ISO, two ISOs, red ISOs, blue ISOs.
2) The ISO's collection of libraries is a bit screwy.

--nicole twn

***
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."--Paul
Erdos
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.