2002 Jul 20 22:15

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 10:38:21AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > you're right that not much has changed.  in fact, no packages on my
> > systems have been updated since yesterday.  kinda disappointing.  :)
>
> On the contrary.  It's A Good Thing (tm & (c) Martha Stewart)
>
> Obviously it means that the stuff that was frozen for stable release
> really _was_ stable.

i was talking from a "fanfare" point of view.  not a "gee, i wish there
were lots of bugs and security holes on my system" point of view.

> I, on the other hand, had a box which pointed to "stable" and not
> "potato".
>
> 2 hours and a couple hundred packages later, and it's upgraded. ;)
> (It's a slow old P133)
>
> BTW - I changed the 'stable' refs. to 'woody' :)

this is crummy idea.  if you want a box based on stable, leave it as
stable.  the way you're doing it is OK, it's just not the best way.

pete