2002 Jul 20 09:44

Re: [vox] Slashdot lay-offs

ME writes:
 > If my
 > thoughts on this ever changed, i would probably shift into programming and
 > adopt a thought much like yours. it is very good- spend time with your
 > family and leave work at work. Less stress and quite healthy. :-)

Low stress is one of my highest principles.

...although, it's worth saying that zero stress is not a goal. Zero
stress equals zero motivation - I do like a *little* stress: just
enough pressure to motivate me to actually get work done. :)  ...but
not enough pressure that if more pressure from life-in-general is
applied, or I fall a bit behind, that I am suddenly overwhelmed.

Most of the decisions I've made in life have been towards the end of
reducing stress, or avoiding situations which are likely to increase
it.

-Micah