2002 Jul 17 23:57

Re: [vox] OSCON in San Diego

begin joseph e arruda <zeruch@dibona.com>

> On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> Well, there is always No Starch Press (I like the Linux Cookbook myself)
> Those guys are swell (well, I may be biased in that I know some folks
> there, but I still like their books...) and New Riders if you like typos
> ;)

i totally agree.   coriollis also has some good titles out too.

maybe i'm way too into conspiracy theories for my own good, but isn't it
odd that after so many years a number of smaller publishers are really
getting some good titles out on the market the same year that o'reilly
is putting an emphasis on .net and MS technology?

and asking $400 a head per day for an open source conference is like SGI
asking for who-knows-how-much money from brian paul so mesa can be
"certified" opengl.   what a joke.

that's what i love about open source.  the world works on money, and yet
we're STILL a relevent force to be reckoned with.

pete