January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 17 16:04

Re: [vox] OSCON in San Diego

I really am surprised that they are going the MS route (truth be told I
still don't buy that that is what they are doing.  as a publisher you go
where the money is, but they have always been more of a Unix shop, even
moreso than a Linux/Open Source one, but I still think all they are doing
is cashing on the trend and still relying on core titles to keep a
baseline)

They make a large amount of their core bucks on the Language books (Perl,
Python, VB) and the Oracle books as I have been told, but that was a year
ago and I don't know how that has changed.

It took Tim a while to warm up to Linux (he really is/was an old Unix
guy) but the company has grown and I suppose he has several acquisition
editors doing different things...