2002 Jul 17 11:20

Re: [vox] [zmcarrico@ucdavis.edu: shoud i get linux?]

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:02:53AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm starting at ucd this fall and I need to get a computer.

Hi!  Welcome! :)  If you happen to already be in the Davis area, I suggest
you drop by our hands-on Linux demo this Saturday:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/

<snip>
> i think I'll join lugod if I ever learn how to use linux.

Part of the reason LUGOD is _around_ is to help people learn to use Linux. ;)
So just come!  (If you're afraid of extremely technical talks at our meetings,
then just check for high "geek-o-meter" ratings.  The higher they are, the
more technical the talk will be.  See:  http://www.lugod.org/geekometer/ )

Also, I'm sure Pete (root@lugod.org) probably already told you this, but you
should really consider signing up for one or more of our mailing lists. :)

Take care, and welcome to Davis!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/