2002 Jul 16 12:20

Re: [vox] Remote linux desktop

i think i might know, but just because i heard someone mention this
about 5 days ago.

apparently, there's a java web application (that you run on a unix
server) that lets any remote user log in (via the web interface) and use
the shell of that unix system.

pretty secure, eh?   ;)

seriously, if this is what you're talking about, i'd stay clear of it.
it may have some good applications, like on your own private net.
but running this as a real service on the net is definitely not
something you want to do.

pete

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>