2002 Jul 16 21:27

Re: [vox] [OT] Hosting recomendations

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 01:56:52AM -0700, andy wergedal wrote:
> I am looking to move my domains(4) to a hosted solution.
>
> I do not want a dialup account, only hosting (web, email,
> ftp, ssh). I would like to get a web hosted account with a
> shell account. Mutt and procmail would be great. I do not
> run any bots or spiders only html and email.
>
> Reliability and uptime are key.
>
> Your thoughts?

If you want to run your own server, check out Johncompanies; I'm using
them, and quite satisfied.

    http://www.johncompanies.com/collocation

It's run by a very small group out of San Diego, but they are very
responsive and knowledgable.  Only caveat is that you'll be running a
BSD machine (they'll be supplying Linux in the future); cost is $65/mo,
but they give discounts for open-source projects, and a 10% discount
for year-in-advance.