2002 Jul 15 17:20

[vox] August 19th (Jon 'maddog' Hall) meeting to be held at Sudwerk

[vox] August 19th (Jon 'maddog' Hall) meeting to be held at Sudwerk

For those who hadn't heard already, Z-World's wonderful meeting room is
soon to be converted into additional manufacturing space.

Beginning in August, the room will be less than half the size it is currently.
Our last meeting there will be Stephen Helm's "...Heterogenous..." talk
on Tuesday, August 6th.

Starting in September, LUGOD will be meeting at a new location
(yet to be determined - most likely the Yolo County Library on 14th Street).

For Jon 'maddog' Hall's talk, on Monday August 19th, we'll be holding the
meeting at a special location:  Sudwerk restaurant on 2nd Street.
(Jon loves beer :^) )

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/sudwerk/

The cost to rent the room at Sudwerk is $75 for the evening.
(We'll be especially glad for donations at that meeting, to help cover
the cost!)

As for food, we have the option of getting a buffet (either at $13.95 per
person, or $16.95 per person, depending on the menu).

Since that's honestly a fairly hefty price, we're going to simply go with
purchasing two or three sets of appetizers (ranging in price from $25 to $40
or more per platter; each platter serves about 30 people).

What we'll probably do is collect about $5 from each person attending the
meeting who wishes to eat.  (This is pretty much what we do with pizza
at our Installfest workshops.)  Any additional proceeds from that will
go to the treasury (and from there, probably right into Sudwerk's cash
registers, to pay for the room :^) )

Does anyone have comments, suggestions or questions?
What do you all want to eat?

BTW, here's a breakdown of the appetizers available:

  * Sudwerk Sausages               $125
    with potato salad, etc.        $150

  * Cajun Wings or BBQ Wings        $75

  * Meat & Cheese Display           $90

  * Roast Top Round Beef           $195   (feeds 50)

  * Imported & Domestic Cheese      $75

  * Spinach Dip (w/ baguette)       $40

  * Vegetable Platter               $40

  * Jalapeno Cheese Dip (w/ chips)  $40

  * Chips & Salsa                   $25

  * Fresh Fruit Platter             $35

We'd almost definitely not buy anything over $40.

In the meantime, the room is booked.  (There's no down payment.
I believe we just pay that night or afterwards.)

We need to decide on the menu by the beginning of August.

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

PS - See you tonight!  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/