2002 Jul 13 21:51

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

Quoting Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com):

> So price it out, already.  With specific references to sources,
> please.

I'm sorry, but now you seem to think I'm your private gratis research
service, in which assumption you're profoundly in error.

But I'll tell you what:  If you honestly don't believe me that I can
tell you where to find reasonable-quality $165 *RETAIL* (new)
current-production SCSI hard drives, I'll be glad to tell you where.
All _you_ have to do is tell me you'll send $20 for the information.

These are sizeable drives of more than sufficient quality that I'd
be glad to have them in my own machines, and Joe can confirm that I'm
a hardware snob.

> Re 80 MBps vs. 160 -- sustained transfer rate is not all there
> is to performance.  Some of us care about latency.

You might have a very small point if it were true that bus latency is
directly and consistently proportional to the host adapter's maximum
rated transfer rate, which of course it is not.

Kindly fix your quoting style, by the way.

rick@linuxmafia.com