2002 Jul 13 21:16

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

So price it out, already.  With specific references to sources,
please.  You originally claimed a $45 difference.  Now your
mystery drives (18G?) seem to be $165 (vs. my $70 for ATA100)
and your controller is $71 ($189?).  I'm curious to see where
this will end up.

Re 80 MBps vs. 160 -- sustained transfer rate is not all there
is to performance.  Some of us care about latency.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/