2002 Jul 13 18:24

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

Regarding "shopping lessons":  Here's wholesale pricing from
one of my distributors:

  ------------- SCSI --------------    -------------IDE -------------

  2 IBM 36G U160 Drives:       $560    2 IBM 40G ATA100 Drives:  $140
  Adaptec 19160 U160 Card:      222
                               ====                              ====
  Total                        $782                              $140

This stuff is typical of what's in the sales channels right now.
None of my clients ask for older SCSI drives, and you're not
going to get U160 out of a $45 SCSI adapter.  I guess you can do
better on ebay but that's not an option for me.

Regarding "bigger than you can fill": It's not hard for someone
who likes to multi-boot a bunch of different operating systems
to fill one of these up.  But that's just me.  Some folks have
huge collections of music, or... uh, images.

Regarding "bigger than you can economically back up": One drive
backs up the other.

Regarding DOS: Eh?

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/