2002 Jul 14 17:06

Re: [vox] Keepin' my box cool

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> Not sure what you mean. All my drives are IDE... of course the CDRW
> uses SCSI-over-IDE :) to do it's stuff...

ATA hardware tends to make external enclosures impractical.  You lose.  ;->

> This is my home box - not serving anything off of it, etc.

This seems to imply that only "servers" benefit substantially from SCSI.
I remember the concept of "servers" as a separate machine category.
That was before we had Unix, wasn't it?

You _do_ run mulitasking, multithreaded operating systems (with the
potential for multiuser as well, if needed), don't you?

rick@linuxmafia.com