2002 Jul 08 19:49

Re: [vox] a game of logic (linux related)

Re: [vox] a game of logic (linux related)

He's definitely doing something wrong. I'm using Putty as I type this into
my text-only email client on my Linux server at home (since I have to use
Windows at work). Putty is a really good little app. Plus, it's free. ;-)

On 7 Jul 2002, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> > I could not get PuTTy to Run I already sent that mesage to you. I attempted
> > to go to the address lifshitz.ucdavis.edu but went to soma Apache test page
> > At this point I am frustrated and confused.  I hope Bill Gates takes over
> > the world. Things will not be as good or as secure but at least they will be
> > usable.

> > comment: there are a few major flaws in his thinking, but i'm wondering
> > if anyone can spot (what i see to be) the biggest.
> >
> > pete
>
> Nicole already mentioned trying to use an SSH/Telnet client to get to
> some webpage...Maybe he is trying to SSH to port 80? :). Should be 22,
> like in catch 22....
>
> Think I'll with hold my sarcastic British humour about logic and
> teachers...
>
> See you all on the 15th!
>
> Matt

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people
   discipline themselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson