2002 Jul 06 09:35

[vox] [ot] Banners on Slashdot in Japanese!

Mark K. Kim writes:
 > I just noticed the Slashdot banners are in Japanese.  That's because I'm
 > accessing it from Japan, and not just some weird coincidence, right?
 >
 > -Mark (waaaaaay behind on slashdot)

It's probably not based on your IP, but on your browser's
"Accept-Language" field; for instance, in Mozilla, under Preferences
-> Navigator -> Languages, you may specify, in order iof preferences,
the languages you'd prefer to receive web pages in. Servers such as
Apache can be configured to respond appropriately to these
preferences.

-Micah