2002 Jun 29 12:07

Re: [vox] [OT] Day and life in Japan...

I worked with a French development team for the last two
years and spent about 30 weeks in France.

It was very interesting and enlightening to work away from
the USA. And I agree with you about using the internet to
remain connected to my real life. Though it was strange to
be able to try to get a slashdot first post at 3:00am PST
which is noon in France.

Enjoy your time and always try to get the local guys to
take you to _their_ favorite places. These are the real
treasures and memories. Everyone goes to see the Eifel
tower, but have you ever eaten at a country resturaunt in
France, where they make their own cheese?

Do the local things, eat the food, partake of the rituals,
be gracious and respectful of other cultures. You will
always be welcome. You never know when the world will
change, again.

-- Andy