2002 Jun 26 10:03

Re: [vox] Netscape menu item is now gone

Re: [vox] Netscape menu item is now gone

Today, Peter Jay Salzman spewed forth:

> begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> > On Monday 24 June 2002 02:42 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > hate to say this, but this is a perfectly reasonable thing.  a typical
> > > business student would be seriously unprepared without knowing ms
> > > office.
> >
> > That's no way to advocate change.  :-)
> >
> > First of all, the school should be willing to acknowledge
> > that promoting one vendor's product, at the expense of all
> > competitors, is a problem worth looking into.
> >
> > Sure the problem cannot be completely solved -- yet -- but
> > still things can be done.  For example:
>
> well, you know how *i* feel...
>
> but just remember, big business has a different POV.  school should
> prepare us for the real world.  not what the world _should_ be like.
>
> we're all geeked out, but a suit needs to know what a suit needs to
> know...  ;-)
>
> pete

you took the words out of my mouth. I work for a <blue>large</blue>
technical corporation and let me tell you... the bs - to - knowledge ratio
level is far too high.

I have sat in (several times a week) meetings where non-technical people
make technical decisions because some moron who can spell MCSE objects to
this or that. It's disgusting... It's not that they don't know, it's that
they won't ask and frankly some just don't have mentality it takes to
think about complex situations.

Why not quit to "make a difference"? because change happens from within
(and the larger the slower) and if you can't speak the language, you
can't change their minds.

PS. don't believe what you see and/or hear belive what you know.