2002 Jun 24 18:59

Re: [vox] boy, was that fast!

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org):
>
> > i was greeting with a big ol' news item saying a remote vulnerability
> > (which is well on its way of being an exploit) was found in openssh.
> > everyone is advised to upgrade to 3.3 immediately.
> >
> > did a "dselect update && apt-get upgrade" and the update was sitting
> > there waiting for me.  pertty cool.
>
> Yes, but beware that the new 3.3p1-0.0woody package is _not_ a real
> fix for the problem

heh.  i was just gonna let people read that part for themselves.  :-)

> > ps- while i'm here, are there any *recommendations* of palm-desktop
> > software?
>
> Heh.  Oddly enough, I've never used anything fancier than pilot-xfer,
> but here's the largest collection of packages of and information on
> _open-source_ PalmOS (and related) software to be found anywhere:
> http://linuxmafia.com/pub/palmos/
>
> You might find something interesting in those dingy old textfiles
> of mine.

i'll check it out.  i can sync just dandy.  i just want something that i
can look/edit/manage my addressbook (i refuse to call it "contacts") and
calender  (i refuse to call it day planner).  i thought pilot-xfer was
just syncing software, but i'll check it out again.

> > if i wanted to grow old and die waiting for software to load, i'd be
> > using mozilla instead of opera.  ;) (j/k)
>
> Galeon 1.2.5 does well for me -- and isn't proprietary.

i'll give it a try.

thanks rick!

pete