2002 Jun 24 20:08

Re: [vox] Netscape menu item is now gone

Re: [vox] Netscape menu item is now gone

Quoting David Margolis (margolid@ecs.csus.edu):

> 2.  in defense of pete.  why teach other products?

Why teach _any_ of these?  I've never understood the point of teaching
word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation graphics.  Anyone with
basic computer competence on any OS can pick up the basics of pretty
much any standard-type word processor, spreadsheet, or presentation
graphics program on the fly, and probably without even needing to resort
to documentation.

I know that _some_ people maintain with a straight face that they
need classes to teach them how to use MS-Windows Explorer (e.g., MIS
001A).  And they may be right.  But that's setting the bar awfully low.