January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 20 21:09

Re: [vox] Spam question

Quoting Nicole Carlson (nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu):

> Anyhoo.  Here's one of the headers, per Rod's request; I did an
> nslookup on the origin IPs, and they match.  If there's any other
> tricks, I'd love to hear them.

I'll be you have a sectet desire to sit down and learn how to _really_
read SMTP mail headers.  Here's where you start:
http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

Then wander through selected parts of this:
http://www.nanae.org/links.html

And remember Caveman Og's rules for spamhunters:

Rule #1:  Spammers lie.
Rule #2:  Spammers are stupid.

The collective wisdom of Caveman Og can be browsed here:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/caveman-og