2002 Jun 20 21:13

Re: [vox] Spam question

On Thu, 20 June 2002, "R. Douglas Barbieri" wrote
> >If Microsoft built cars, you could only have one
person in the car at a
> >time, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT". But,
then you would have to
> >buy more seats.
>
> Of course, only one person at a time could actually
*ride* in the car,
> unless you buy the CarNTTerminalServer. ;-)
> --
Yes, but after you bought the CarNTTerminalServer, you
would have to purchase a CarNTpassengerCAL (Client
Access License) for each individual that MIGHT ride in
it.  If they wanted to eat in the car you would also
need a CarNTfooduseCAL as well.  Oh, and don't forget
the required CarNTDriverCAL needed for all licensed
drivers in the car (if they are not driving then they
will need a seperate CarNTpassengerCAL as well usable
per individual).

<sigh> The sad part is, that the above paragraph is a
fairly accurate representation of how MS Terminal
Server licensing works.  (I need an MCLI - Microsoft
Certified License Interpretor) </sigh>

-sp