2002 Jun 19 09:43

[vox] Slackware 8.1 released

For those interested, Slackware 8.1 was released earlier in the evening.
I wouldn't count on being able to get into the main FTP site any
time in the near future, but it is slowly trickling out to mirrors.

http://www.slackware.com has the official announcement and boxed
set ordering information.

alt.os.linux.slackware newsgroup will probably be most up to date
on what mirrors have the new release.

I installed Slackware 8.1 RC3 just a few days ago on a new machine
and I have to say it's pretty sweet. A little extra tweaking on the
XWindows and sound configuration, but nothing that a Google Groups
search or the HOWTOs didn't cover.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com              http://www.shwaine.com
telnet://shwaine.dyn.greystoneapts.com:3000