2002 Jun 19 01:07

Re: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

begin joseph e arruda <zeruch@dibona.com>

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i wasn't going to mention this, but how can anyone believe that darth
> > vader was a throw away character?
> >
> > he was the main antagonist!
> >
> > how can anyone call the main antagonist a throw-away character?
>
> Because initially the Emperor was going to be the big guy (technically he
> was, but Darth got all teh screentime because he moved quicker and had
> that badass pvc tuxedo and cape)

this is non-sequitar.   how does it answer the question?  so what that
the emporer was *initially* going to be the big guy?

did we ever see him in the first movie?
did we ever hear his voice in the first movie movie?
in fact, how many times was the word "emporer" uttered in the first
   movie?  more than 3?

again, i ask.

how can you call the main antagonist a throw-away character?

peter