2002 Jun 18 20:55

Re: [vox] want a book recommendation: opengl

Re: [vox] want a book recommendation: opengl

the red book is the official opengl programming guide, written by
members of the opengl review board.

the blue book is the opengl programming reference.

they are the canonnical opengl books, imho. The red book is a good read
if you know next to nothing about gl. It's very well structured, and you'll
learn a lot of the internals and whatnot of it. It is a pretty technical book
though (which I like).

Often I've found that debugging gl code is simpler if you know how it works;
I doubt any of the WindowsGL in 21 days books will ever dwell into that.

you can borrow my (err marianne's :) ) copy after you pry it from my cold
dead hands ;)

-Gabe