2002 Jun 18 17:22

RE: [vox] why i hate phantom menace

Virgin births and bloodstream bugs are a lot easier to explain to the
kiddies in the audience (and the Mattell Toy Co. marketing execs who want to
squeeze money from them) than:

  a) Shmi had a fling with some random spacer in a Mos Espa bar (or two ...
or twelve ... )
  b) Shmi was a slave, owned by a Hutt -- and the Hutt using her as a party
favor as a reward to some human spice smuggler/bounty hunter/etc. was
probably the least of her worries.

As a writer, I nearly ralfed ... but it's not my sandbox to play in ... it's
Lucas'.