January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 18 01:31

[vox] linux success story

a friend just sent this email.  he was very firmly planted in the MS
camp until recently.  he wanted to give linux a try to see what it was
like.  made my heart feel good when i read this.  had to share this with
everyone.

in my eyes, this is a solid linux success story.

    Pete,

    You just can't imagine (well, I suppose you can) how cool
this is. I feel perfectly comfortable just leaving my PC 'dialed
up' while I go about other things useful. Win was so pathetic,
handling such complex tasks so poorly (usually locking up and
requiring a power-off). My system is so stable, I'm making more
progress than I would have imagined possible.

    Color printing via USB? No problem. Install the latest patch
from Red Hat? Sure, while still connected. Next up will be my
USB SmartMedia card reader, then I'll mount up my win hda
and play with Wine.

    Very, very cool.

    Linux rules. :-)