2002 Jun 16 23:43

[vox] Tux Paint

*exhausted*

Please try it.  Let me know what you think :)

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/

  "Tux Paint is going to be a drawing program for you kids. It provides
   a simple interface and fixed canvas size, and will provide access to
   previous images using a thumbnail browser (e.g., no access to the
   underlying filesystem).

   It's not meant as a replacement for The GIMP, Gpaint or Xpaint, as
   it is VERY limited, but it does provide a much simpler interface,
   and has child-oriented additions such as sound effects and (eventually)
   an animated character (and possibly spoken help, along with textual,
   on-screen help).

   Tux Paint is to be released under the GNU General Public License (GPL),
   and will hopefully become part of the Tux4Kids project, and be
   incorporated into the "Debian Jr." project.

   It's based on SDL, so it should be portable amongst numerous
   operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOS, MacOSX, BeOS, other Unixes,
   etc.). It's being developed on a 450MHz Intel Celeron, but has been
   briefly tested on a 133MHz Pentium (no sound) with suitable results."

Enjoy!