2002 Jun 13 21:06

Re: [vox] donation needed: windows

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Ryan wrote:

> Define computer, in terms of an individual machine.

Hmm... interesting.  If you have a dual-processor machine, do you need two
Windows licenses for that machine?  What if you have a dual-processor
machine with two power supplies?  What if you have a dual-processor
machine with two power supplies and two hard drives?  What if you have a
dual-processor machine with two power supplies and two hard drives and two
graphics cards?  What if you have...

I just got an idea!  I'll put two computers in one box, join the
motherboard, internally networked to use the same copy of Windows on one
hard drive (the whole thing internally cached in RAM, of course).  Then I
only need one Windows license, right? :P

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/