2002 Jun 11 22:07

Re: [vox] On the security of RedHat....

Ryan,

Shall I send you my therapy bills?  >;-)

Actually, my only experience with Linux actually *is* with Red Hat.
It's the distribution that came on the computer my wife gave me as a
wedding present.  I'd call myself a fan, but, then, I was once a
dribbling Windows fan, too.  I'm interested in trying other
distributions, especially Debian.

Richard

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 18:57, Ryan wrote:
> It occored to me that it may have bothered some people that I singled out
> redhat for insecure default installs.... From what I've heard the latest
> relaeas has everything off be default. Also, there's a remote root exploit
> (rpc) in the default install of mandrake 7.2, so don't feel too bad if you're
> a redhat fan. I don't know enoguh about the track records of other distros
> here, but I'm sure they've all had problems at some point.

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com

vi vi vi - the editor of the beast