2002 Jun 11 16:53

Re: [vox] My visit in July....

How about many competitions?

Core wars! (Write red code and compete with your code against others)
Broken Glass (Break windows as many ways as you can in 60 seconds)
If I was Bill Gate's dad/mom (Essay contest)
Poster Art Contest (construction of best fliers in postscript)
Thumb wrestling with penguin puppets on hands
Skit contest (US Gov v. Microsoft court cases)
Best impression of penguin mating calls

;-)

-ME

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, David Margolis wrote:
> i like the idea of lug wars, but i'd like to know how they'd go down.  are
> they gonna be like fist fights, or more linux-appropriate like script
> battles.  plus how do the allegences work?  is it regional.  cause being
> from sac, i think we might get out asses kicked if it's a real fight.  i'm
> going to vote for non-violent competition!
>
> dave
>
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > But you guys had to arrange a special meeting just so you can have Hans
> > before us.  I don't think that's fair, especially since you guys decided
> > to have the special meeting on one of out regular meeting days.  I think
> > it was a strategic decision to cause a LUG-war between our two LUGs, but I
> > think we will eventually win because we'll have Rasmus Lerdorf on that
> > day; anyone who wants to see famous people should come to LUGOD on that
> > day, then see Hans at our following meeting; anyone who goes to NBLUG to
> > see Hans on July 2nd will lose the chance to see Ramus!
> >
> > -Mark :P
> >
> > PS: That may actually be a good game title -- LUG-wars.  We'll have LUGOD,
> > NBLUG, and several other local LUGs fight for talk schedules of former VA
> > employees...
> >

> > On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, ME wrote:
> > > It appears as though we will be having a guest speaker *stolen* from
> > > you... Since Hans Reiser is also giving a presentation on July 2nd at
> > > NBLUG, I wont be making a trek out there. (Sorry.)
[snip]