January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 10 21:08

Re: [vox] neverwinter nights

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 02:48:32PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> it astounds me that someone so prolific in game writing doesn't go for
> RPG.   heck, everyone loves a good RPG...

I actually have.  Back on the Atari, I wrote a game called "Zorn"
(don't ask where I got the name; no idea), which was Ultima/Zelda'ish.

I tried writing a few Zelda clones, too.

Under Linux using SDL, I once came up with a nifty isometric map scroller,
which even used alphablending for when you were obscured by objects.
All quite simple and tile-based.  Last I worked on it (a few years ago),
I was trying to add 'blindspot' support.  (e.g, you can't see through walls)

> > HEY!  Maybe I should invite the authors/publishers/whoever!
>
> yep!

Infogrames (aka Atari) is pub'ing it.  I'll look into it.