2002 Jun 10 13:23

Re: [vox] StarOffice 6 sighting

On Monday 10 June 2002 12:16 pm, David Margolis wrote:
> is it better to use openoffice for free and directly support free
> software, or purcharse star office and make a financial contribution that
> will tickle down to the developers of openoffice.

That's up to you.  But I think most of those developers work
for Sun.  So if you mainly want to contribute to that,
probably the best way is to buy it directly from www.sun.com
(either the download or the cdrom version).

If you want to also support Borders and the rest of the
distribution channel, then I guess it makes sense to buy
it there.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/