2002 Jun 09 18:33

Re: [vox] OT Omsoft netwrok banned from Slashdot.

Re: [vox] OT Omsoft netwrok banned from Slashdot.

Yes, it seems that by default Omsoft gives you a transparent
proxy server for outgoing www connections.  For me it was
also 168.150.101.101, both for my DSL service and for my
colocated server (which runs this list and www.lugod.org).

When I found out about it a couple of weeks ago, I had them
disable the proxy server for both systems (due to some
firewall issues).  Probably for that reason, I'm having no
trouble getting to slashdot.

I understand I'm the first person who's ever asked them to
do that.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/