January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 09 13:32

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] LUGOD FAQ

[Redirected from vox-announce.]

> http://www.dirac.org/linux/lugod/
>
> strictly beta:   i'm looking for comments, corrections and additions.

Quoting the FAQ:

> We are quite proud of LUGOD. People who come into contact with us
> like Dave Anderson (seti@home), Jeremy Allison (Samba), Rick Moen (VA
> Software)....

Please change that to "Rick Moen (linuxmafia.com)".

When I participate in the Linux community, I almost always do so
representing myself rather than any employer or client.  The one
exception I can think of, in recent years, was the 2001 LinuxWorld
Conference and Expo, when I broke my rule in order to deliver a sysadmin
lecture, proudly proclaiming my association with a Linux hardware
vendor that unfortunately was forced to exit that business soon
thereafter.

More to the immediate point, I was laid off (with zero severance package)
on Friday, so that FAQ entry is doubly in need of correction.

--
Cheers,   The difference between common sense and paranoia is that common sense
Rick Moen     is thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal; they are.