2002 Jun 05 11:48

Re: [vox] Gopher: New use for old software.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:14:26AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> The third-best workaround is to disable IE's gopher support
> by telling IE to send gopher requests to a non-existent
> proxy server.

I heard from a coworker (who read another article, and some of the /.
discussion on this) that one doesn't actually need a gopher server,
just an appropriately-evil "gopher:..." link in the HTML code.

Yikes :)  Maybe it IS time to unplug those Windows boxes! :)