2002 Jun 05 15:58

Re: [vox] "Open Source Now"

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 11:54:28AM -0700, Marc Hasbrouck wrote:
> Well, a LUGOD SIG, sounds interesting.

I've thought of (and brought up) SIGs before, actually.

Some ideas that keep mulling around in my head include:

  Gaming SIG   (game development and game play)

  Multimedia SIG   (Gimp, video, DVD, MP3, CD, Napster BAAAAAAD, etc.)

  Perl SIG

  PHP SIG

  C/C++ SIG

  GTK+/GNOME SIG

  Qt/KDE SIG

  Embedded SIG

  Science SIG  (Linux used for scientific stuff, eg, Bioinformatics/Physics)

...and so on.

I think others suggested that we're a little too small, and too spread thin
as it is, to try to divide up and have even MORE meetings.

If we DO do something like this, though, I hope our SIGs stay closer and
more interactive with us than SacPGUG's SIGs seem to.
(They all mostly seem to be their own clubs that just happen to be SIGs...
not that that's a BAD thing, but I can see SIGs being so much more...)