2002 Jun 01 16:24

Re: [vox] Reccomended CD-RW Brands?

Quoting Ryan (ryan@mother.com):

> My dad has one. I'd also heard Yamaha was good.

Yamahas, Plextors, Ricohs, and Philips tend to be fine, and some are
found OEMed by others.  (I'm speaking of SCSI, here.  The ATAPI ones use
the same drive mechanisms.)  Sonys also have a record of working OK,
but, in the past, some of their CDR models have proven to be physically
fragile.

People who are concerned about Linux support for a particular model's
CD-writing command set should check the cdrecord Web pages.

> They use SCSI commands over IDE.

Indeed.  Ye olde "AT Atachment Packet Interface".

--
Cheers,   The difference between common sense and paranoia is that common sense
Rick Moen     is thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal; they are.